About MBA in Rural Development Course
A post graduate diploma in Rural Development or PGDM (Rural Development) is an advanced diploma course taken after a Bachelor’s degree. It generally takes one year to complete and offered in a graduate school or university.
The main objective of the course is to enable learners/ students to acquire professional skills in monitoring, planning, evaluating and formulating the development of rural areas by providing them the right services.
Why MBA in Rural Development?
Rural Development is a course which introduces students to the basic crucial dimensions of rural development. The course helps students to gain required knowledge about socio-economic factors (that affect the development) for better functioning or upgradation of rural areas.
Students who are willing to pursue their career in this field can opt for this course.
MBA in Rural Development Eligibility:
Students must fulfill the following criteria before applying for this course:
- They must have a Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent from a recognized university.
- They must have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate in the graduation. SC/ ST students have a relaxation of 5% in the minimum aggregate.
MBA in Rural Development Career Options:
The students can get employment opportunities in NGOs, Governmental Developmental Agencies, Funding Agencies and International Developmental Organizations etc.
MBA in Rural Development Scope (Job Types)
1) Private Sector Career options after MBA in Rural Development
- Area Executive
- Territory Incharge
- Research Head
- Marketing manager
- Sales Manager
- Rural Technology Project Manager
- Research head
2) Private Sector Employment areas after MBA in Rural Development
- Education and research Organizations
- Human Resource Consultancies
- Agro Product Management Companies
3) Public Sector Employment areas after MBA in Rural Development
- Ministry of Rural Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Agriculture
Top Recruiting Companies
MBA in Rural Development Salary
|Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Rural Development)||Entry Level Salary (LPA)||Medium Salary (LPA)||Maximum Salary (LPA)|