About MBA in Information Technology Course
MBA with a specialization in Information Technology is a postgraduate degree course. It is offered in many universities in India. The course generally requires two years to complete when done on a regular basis. Students can pursue this course through distance learning however the duration of the course can vary in this case.
The course is designed to provide students the management skills needed in IT field.
Why MBA in Information Technology?
MBA in IT focuses on the study of data modeling and concepts of technology. It helps students learn strategies to incorporate technology resources in the company by analyzing the benefits and needs of employees.
MBA in Information Technology Eligibility:
- Students applying for this course must have a Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent from a recognized university.
- They must have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate. There is an entrance exam for MBA applicants in the performance of which students are admitted.
- Some of the colleges hold their own eligibility test.
MBA in Information Technology Career Options:
Products Manager, IT Manager, IT Consultant, Data Processing Manager, Business Development Manager, Analytics Manager, Business Analyst, Database Administrators.
MBA in Information Technology Scope (Job Types)
1) Private Sector Career options after MBA in Information Technology
- CTOs (Chief Technology Officers)
- CIOs (Chief Information Officers)
- Information Technology Directors
- Information System Managers
- Project Manager -IT Software
- Program Manager
- Corporate Strategy Manager
2) Private Sector Employment areas after MBA in Information Technology
- IT Governance
- IT Financial Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Configuration management
3) Public Sector Employment areas after MBA in Information Technology
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Railways
Top Recruiting Companies
MBA in Information Technology Salary
|Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Information Technology)||Entry Level Salary (LPA)||Medium Salary (LPA)||Maximum Salary (LPA)|
|Information System Manager||4.2||8.9||17.4|