About M.Tech in Food Process Engineering
M.Tech in Food Process Engineering is a Master’s degree taken after a Bachelor’s degree which is offered in many universities in India. It can be done in regular basis or correspondence basis. The general duration of the course is two years but it may vary in case of correspondence.
The course aims to provide students the in-depth knowledge of food chemicals, nutrition value, and biochemistry concepts.
What is M.Tech in Food Process Engineering?
M.Tech in Food Process Engineering is a postgraduate degree course which allows students to gain an insight of the chemical processes that takes place in food products. The course covers some of the common topics like Food Preservation, Crop Processing, Food Packaging, Food Safety and Quality Management.
M.Tech in Food Process Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- Students applying for this course must have a Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent (in the related stream) from a recognized university in which they must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- SC/ ST students have a 5% of relaxation in the minimum aggregate.
M.Tech in Food Process Engineering Career Options
Career Options for M.Tech (Food Process Engineering) are many. Some of these are Food Process Engineer, Analytical Chemist, Organic Chemist, Food Technologist, Biochemist, Home Economist and Research Scientist.
M.Tech in Food Process Engineering Scope (Job Types)
1) Private Sector Career options after M.Tech in Food Process Engineering
- Food Technologist
- Organic Chemist
- Analytical Chemist
- Research scientist
- Production Manager-Confectionery
- Food Process Engineer
- Home Economists
2) Private Sector Employment areas after M.Tech in Food Process Engineering
- Soft Drink Factories
- Food Industries
3) Public Sector Employment areas after M.Tech in Food Process Engineering
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries
Top Recruiting Companies
M.Tech in Food Process Engineering Salary
|Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Food Process Engineering)||Entry Level Salary (LPA)||Medium Salary (LPA)||Maximum Salary (LPA)|
|Quality Control Manager||2.7||4.5||18.7|
|Packaging Development Executive||2.4||5.5||22|