M. D. Pediatrics or Doctor of Medicine in Pediatrics is a three-year post-graduation that concentrates on extending holistic care to infants, children, and adolescents. Candidates in this course are trained and provided with education relating to medical and para-medical remedies so as to ensure the overall development of practical and theoretical skills. On successful completion of the course, it opens various doors of opportunities to its achievers.
Who can opt for MD in Pediatrics?
A candidate willing to apply for a master’s degree in Pediatric Nursing needs to have passed the M.B.B.S examination from a recognized university. However, medical colleges conduct entrance examinations for this course which the candidates need to appear for in order to qualify for it. Interpretation of anthropometric measurement and developmental assessment and estimation of nutritional status of the child is an important part of the study of this course. This includes nutritional provision for newborn babies, infants, children, and adolescents. Students are even educated towards providing needful advice to mothers regarding breastfeeding, weaning and following a balanced diet, how to remain healthy by following hygienic practices so as to prevent the occurrence of diseases, disorders, injuries, accidents, and poisoning. Candidates are even trained on how to carry out relevant and proper diagnosis and evaluation of prognosis taking into consideration the risks, costs, and benefits involved in it.
How is MD in Pediatrics beneficial?
The M. D. course in Pediatrics is highly beneficial for understanding the importance of child health care, recognizing the essentiality of growth and development of the Pediatrics foundation which would extend help to every child after realizing his/her optimal potentiality in this context. Candidates can further go for research work in this field after completion of this course. They are even able to execute relevant investigations and therapeutic procedures for young patients and understand the results of imaging and laboratory investigations once they are done with the course.
MD in Pediatrics Scope (Job Types)
1) Private Sector Career options after MD in Pediatrics
- Private and Government Hospitals
- Research Laboratories
- Medical Centers
2) Private Sector Employment areas after MD in Pediatrics
- Lab Technician
- Junior Resident
- Pharmacy Manager
3) Public Sector Employment areas after MD in Pediatrics
- Product Specialist
FAQ-MD in Pediatrics
Q: Name such entrance exams held in the India for MD in Pediatrics?
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam
- All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE)
- Allahabad University Entrance Exam
- Anna University Entrance Exam
- Annamalai University Entrance Exam
- Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Exam
- Arunachal University Entrance Exam
- Assam University Entrance Exam
- AWH Special College Entrance Exam
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences
- Banaras Hindu University Entrance Exam
- Bangalore University Entrance Exam
- Bankura Sammilani Medical College (Deemed University) Entrance Exam
- Bharathiar University Entrance Exam
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University Entrance Exam
- Central Institute Of Psychiatry Entrance Exam
Q: Which Top institutes offering MD in Pediatrics?
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) Puducherry
- Kasturba Medical College Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka
- St. John’s Medical College Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Stanley Medical College (SMC) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University) Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
- Assam Medical College Dibrugarh, Assam
- Jagadguru Jayadeva Murugarajendra Medical College (JJM Medical College) Davangere, Karnataka
- Armed Forces Medical College Pune, Maharashtra