About BHM in Hotel Management Course
Bachelor’s of Hotel Management is an undergraduate degree course which requires three years to complete. It is offered in many universities in India and can be done in full time or part time.
This not only covers the topics of Hotel Management but also introduces students to other related areas like sales, marketing and public relations.
Purpose of the course:
The course is designed to introduce students with the requirements of hospitality industry. It helps them understand the fundamentals and skills needed in the field of Hotel Management.
- There is no minimum age limit for applying in an undergraduate course.
- Students applying for this course must have completed their Senior Secondary (10+2) or any equivalent from a recognized board.
- The percentage or aggregate requirements vary from college to college. SC/ ST students have 5% of relaxation in the minimum aggregate. Career Options:
With a BHM degree, one can get a variety of jobs. Some of the job profiles for BHM graduates are hotel managers, air hostesses/ flight stewards, restaurant managers, event organizers. They can also provide hospitality services in Guest Houses, Resorts, Lodges, Cruises, MNCs, Banking and Insurance Sector etc.
Private Sector Career Options
- Front Office Manager
- Food and Beverages Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Flight Attendant/Steward
- Housekeeping Manager
Private Employment Area
- Insurance Agencies
- Guest Houses
Public Employment Area
- Insurance Sector
- Educational Institutions
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry/ Ministry of Business
- Ministry of Railways
- Ministry of Tourism
Top Recruiting Companies
|Bachelor of Hotel Management [BHM]||Entry Level Salary (LPA)||Medium Salary (LPA)||Maximum Salary (LPA)|
|Front Office & Guest Relations||1.5||2.6||11.7|
|Sales Executive Banquet||2||3.6||11.3|