About BFA in Applied Arts
B.F.A in Applied Arts is an undergraduate degree course. Generally, the duration of the course is # years. This course aims at teaching students the application of fine arts in daily life. This degree would train you in applying design and aesthetics to everything around you. Persons who are naturally artistic and want to make a career in applied arts should join the course.
- You will be eligible to pursue B.F.A in Applied Arts if you have passed your 10+2 or equivalent exam in any stream from a recognized board or university with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Some institutes may require you to pass a screening test to assess your suitability for the course.
In the first year of B.F.A, irrespective of the specialization, general things like calligraphy, clay and plaster modeling, history of Indian Art, indoor and outdoor drawing and sketching, different types of drawing. Colour composition, animation, use of silk screen, stencil pencil, etc. You will learn about the subject of your specialization, i.e. applied arts from the second year. During these two years, you would be able to learn the following:
- Advertising Theory
- Computer Graphics
- Drawing and Illustrations
- History of Indian Art
- History of Eastern Art
- History of Western Art
- Modern Art
- Indian Aesthetics
- Black and White Photography
- Photography Techniques
- Poster Design
- Portfolio Development and Digital Manipulation
- Press Layout
- Western Aesthetics
- Anyone among Silk Screen or Printing or Letterpress Printing or Lithography and Computer Graphics
A B.F.A would open up a door to endless career opportunities for talented candidates. You can work in any advertising agency or an art studio. You can join animation industry. You can work as a calligraphist or a typographer. You can also work as a graphic designer, display designer or social media campaign designer. You can also work for a printmaking company or a publishing house. You can become a Cartoonist or an Illustrator. You can also become a Photographer, an Event Planner or a Sketch Artist. You can also teach Fine Arts. You can pursue an M.F.A after completing your B.F.A.