|Admission Process||Based on performance in AIEEE|
|Average Tuition Fee ( Approx)||INR 60,000 to 7 Lakhs|
|Average Salary (per annum)||INR 2 to 6 Lakhs|
|Job Profiles||Food Technologist, Analytical Scientist, Nutritionist , Food and Beverage Executive, Dietician, etc.|
About B.Tech in Food Science and Technology
Food Technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe, nutritious, and wholesome food. Bachelor of Food Technology degree teaches a combination of skills in food technology, management and marketing. Food scientists and food technologists study the physical, microbiological, and chemical makeup of food. Depending on their area of specialization, Food Technologists may develop ways to process, preserve, package, or store food, according to industry and government specifications and regulations.
Students cover subjects such as
biochemistry, process engineering, food microbiology, food marketing and innovation, food and packaging engineering, food formulation technology, food preservation, food chemistry, industrial research techniques, food assessment techniques, and quality and reliability management.
- Food Science and Technology course is a Higher Secondary (10+20) or equivalent qualification completed from a recognized educational Board, with Physics, Chemistry, and Math as main subjects, and a minimum aggregate score of 60%.
- Selection is based on the candidate’s performance in the AIEEE. Some universities also conduct their own entrance exams for admission.
Common Entrance Exam
All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE)
Required Skills Set:-
- Depth knowledge and practical skills regarding food preparation, entrepreneurship
- Knowledge of food manufacturing and baking industries
- Power of observation & concentration
- Interest in health and nutrition.
- Sense of responsibility
- Ability to work on their own as well as a part of a team
- Effective communication skills and a discerning approach to food items.
Employment Job Profile after B.Tech in Food Science and Technology
- Process Engineer
- Food Researcher
- Project Manager
- Food Consultant
- Food Technologist
- Production Manager
- Food Application Specialist
- Food Sales Representative
Public Sector Employment areas after B.Tech Food Science and Technology
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries
|Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Food Science and Technology)||Entry Level Salary (LPA)||Medium Salary (LPA)||Maximum Salary (LPA)|
|Food and Beverage Executive||4||5||6|