The cultivation of animals, plants, fungi and crops to increase the sustainability and enhancement of human life can be categorized as Agriculture. The research and development sector associated with this field are also hopeful.
Being an undergraduate program B.Sc in Agriculture is of 4 years just like B.E or B.Tech. The objective of this program is the combining concepts of Biology, Technology, and Agriculture Science to boost Agricultural Productivity.
What is Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Agriculture)?
Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Agriculture) covers the topic such as agriculture science, use of modern scientific equipment and techniques in agriculture, land surveying, soil science, water resource management, animal, and poultry management, basics of biotechnology etc. The main aim of this program is to train the student for improving the productivity of agriculture, proper management and storage of produced products, prevention of exploitation of recourses and develop new ways for netter yielding of agriculture through research.
As India is a land of Agriculture there is an ample scope in a career for students graduates from agriculture in Government as well as Private bodies. An agriculture graduate can pursue higher studies too and enroll himself for Postgraduate and Research programs.
- Candidate should be completed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology are mandatory subjects in 10+2 to enroll in B.Sc.(Agriculture)
- Minimum Marks criteria can vary in different Universities and colleges but minimum 40-50 % marks in PCB is mandatory.
Private Sector Career Options
- Agriculture officer
- Assistant Plantation Manager
- Agricultural Research Scientist A
- griculture Development Officers
- Agriculture Technician
- Business Development Executive
- Marketing Executive
- Rice Breeder
- Seed Technologist
- Junior Agriculture Specialist
- Junior Associate – Research
Private Employment Area
- Agro industries
- Agriculture Marketing
- Financial sector with focus on agriculture
- Micro-finance institutions
- Fertilizer companies Agri-biotech organizations
- Agricultural departments
- Extension services
- Research organizations
- Commercial farming etc.
Public Employment Area
- Ministry of Agriculture
Top Recruiting Companies
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Agriculture)||Entry Level Salary (LPA)||Medium Salary (LPA)||Maximum Salary (LPA)|
|Agriculturer Development Officer||4||0||0|