B.Sc. Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a three-year under graduation graduate course which trains candidates to become healthcare professionals who can take care of individuals, families, and communities in maintaining optimal health conditions and good quality of life right from the stage of conception till death. Nurses are trained to work in a team towards accessing, planning, evaluating and implementing health care. Knowledge is imparted in the field of nursing science depending on the contributions of a nursing scientist through journals and practices based on evidence. The course is highly job oriented and pays well to the students opting for it.
Who can opt for B. Sc. in Nursing?
To be eligible for a course in B. Sc. in Nursing, students should have passed their 10+2 examinations in the science field with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the main subjects or any other exam with equal significance. Moreover, to be able to complete this course successfully, one needs to be patient, alert, responsible, dedicated and physically fit, healthy and sound. Also, students who wish to opt for a Master’s degree or plan to go into research work can most suitably take up this course.
How is B. Sc. in Nursing beneficial?
The demand for specialized nurses of both sexes is in great demand in private and multi-specialty hospitals in every discipline all across the globe. The health industry is growing at a very fast pace and this is giving rise to a huge requirement of doctors and nurses everywhere. Moreover, nurses are even required in organizations providing ambulance services, or else, teaching jobs in nursing degree schools and colleges can also be a good option after completing the course.
Name of B.Sc. Nursing entrance exams in India:-
- AFMC Entrance Exam
- AIIMS Entrance Exam
- Annamalai University AIMEE
- ASSO CET Exam
- BHU GNM Entrance Test
- CMC Vellore Entrance Exam
- Dr. DY Patil University AIET
- GGSIPU CET
- J&K BPEE CET
- JIPMER Entrance Exam
- MHT CET
- MP PMT Entrance Exam
- Pondicherry CENTAC JET
Coaching Centers for B.Sc. Nursing
• Aakash IIT-JEE (Delhi)
• Aakash Institute (Delhi)
• ABC Classes (Delhi)
• Achievers point (Delhi)
• Alternative Learning Systems (Delhi)
• Baalnoi Academy (Delhi)
• Bolster Academia
• Achievers IAS Classes (Bangalore)
• Brilliant Tutorials (Bangalore)
• Base Educational Services Private Ltd
• Capstone Tutorials (Bangalore)
• Career Forum (Bangalore)
• Career Launcher (Bangalore)
• Design Quotient (Bangalore)
• ACE Tutorials (Mumbai)
• Achievers Point (Mumbai)
• Agarwal Classes (Mumbai)
• Financial Plan Academy (Mumbai)
• Future People (Mumbai)
• Global Education (Mumbai)
• Gyan Sagar Classes (Mumbai)
• Ideal Classes (Mumbai)
• IMS Institute (Mumbai)
• Insight (Mumbai)
• TIME (Kerala)
• Brilliant (Kerala)
• Bharadwaj Institute (Chennai)
• Career Launcher (Chennai)
• Abhimanu Las Study Group (Chandigarh)
• Bulls Eye Knowledge System (Chandigarh)
• Blaze IAS Academy (Chandigarh)
Reference Books for B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam
- AC Dutta for Botany by Oxford Publication
- Edusys Advanced Explorer – AIIMS
- LP Golden Excel with AIIMS Previous Years solved Papers by Dr. J.K. Juneja, S Jawa,
Dr. J. P. Sharma
- NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2
- Nursing School Entrance Exam by Fred N. Grayson
- Nursing School Entrance Exams by Thomas Evangelist, Tamra Orr and Judy Unrein – McGraw-Hill’s
- Oswaal 10 Mock test Papers for AIIMS Delhi
- Trueman’s Biology
- Universal Self Scorer Biology for AIPMT, AIIMS, AFMC & Various Medical Entrance Exams
Name of Top 10 B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in India
- Apollo College of Nursing Chennai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Nursing
- Bombay Nurses Training Institute
- Dr.Ram Manohar School Nursing Diploma College
- J.M.J. College of Nursing, Hyderabad
- Jamia Hamdard School Nursing Diploma College
- JD School Nursing Diploma College
- Lakshmi Bai Batra College of Nursing
- Manipal School Nursing Diploma College
- Oxford School Nursing Diploma College
- Clinics and Heath Departments.
- Defense Services.
- Industrial Houses and Factories.
- Nursing Homes.
- Nursing Science Schools.
- Orphanages and Old Age Homes.
- Railways and Public Sector Medical Departments.
- Training Institutes.
- Assistant Nursing Superintendent.
- Community Health Nurse
- Department Supervisor
- Deputy Director of Nursing
- Deputy Nursing Superintendent.
- Director of Nursing
- Industrial Nurse.
- Military Nurse
- Nursing Advisor to the Government of India.
- Nursing Superintendent
- Nursing Supervisor.
- Staff Nurse.
- Ward sister