About B.Sc in Biology Course
Biology is a very vast branch of science deals with the study of living organism and their life cycle along with the structure, growth, distribution, functions, evolution and identification. As biology is a broader heading, Genetics, Microbiology, Embryology, Molecular Biology are the branches of Biology for specific studies. In Biology we study about the smallest unit of life that is cell to whole organism, its interaction with environment and suitable survival conditions.
As it is an undergraduate course, the academic session is of three years generally in India. One can complete Bachelor of Science in Biology as full time or part time studies depending upon the availability of part time course in the University norms.
What is Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Biology)?
In this course one can get the every aspect of life science as it covers the concept of life science, cell theory, biological system , things derived from biological system, interconnection of all living organism, previous existence of extinct organism, evolution and sustainability of living organism etc. Once can pursue for Master studies after completion of Bachelor of Science in Biology or work as Lab assistant, junior Researcher, in education etc.
Subject s which are mainly undertaken during the course are Botany, Bio-chemistry, Cytology, Ecology, Genetics, Plant Diversity, Classification of Animal and Plant kingdom.
- One should complete his/her 10+2 with a recognized Board or equivalent to it with minimum aggregate of 55%.
- Should complete 10+2 with Science as mandatory subjects.
- Admission can be on the basis of merit list depending upon the University norms.
Private Sector Career Options
- Lab Assistant
- Quality Control-Medical
- Medical Officer
Private Employment Area
- Botanical Survey Organization
- Pharmaceutical Organizations
- Hospitals and Health Treatment Centers
- Biotechnology Firms and Medical Laboratories
Public Employment Area
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Science & Technology
Top Recruiting Companies
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Biology)||Entry Level Salary (LPA)||Medium Salary (LPA)||Maximum Salary (LPA)|
|Clinical Process Associate||3.6||6.1||15|