About B.A in Sanskrit Course
Bachelor of Arts in Sanskrit is an undergraduate degree. The course is of 3 years duration. Sanskrit is an Indian language and a part of humanities studies. Sanskrit is the language of the religious scriptures of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. It possesses the distinction of being a classical Indian language. Anyone who is interested in learning this language or who wants to make a career in Sanskrit literature or become a Sanskrit teacher should pursue this course. The course would include History of the language, its usage, grammar, literature, prose, poetry, drama, and culture.
- A person should have passed his/her 10+2 exam or equivalent with Sanskrit as a second language from any recognized board or university in order to seek admission for B.A in Sanskrit.
- Some reputed colleges might have minimum marks obtained criteria or some other screening processes like entrance tests and interviews to select students for the course.
A student pursuing a B.A in Sanskrit would typically study the following during the 3 years of his/her degree:
- Sanskrit Poetry
- Vedic Literature
- Translation and Composition
- Sanskrit Prose
- Sanskrit Grammar
- Sanskrit Short Stories and Essays
- Mastering Sanskrit Language
- Introduction to Sanskrit Literature
- Sanskrit Drama and Novels
- Literary Criticism
A bachelor’s degree in Sanskrit would help you to get an M.A in Sanskrit if you are interested in further studies. The candidates who want to pursue a teaching career can get an additional qualification like B.Ed. or D.Ed. and teach Sanskrit in any secondary or senior secondary school. You can also provide private Sanskrit tuitions to Students. Working as a translator or interpreter is also an available option. You can also write or edit or proofread Sanskrit articles or write-ups as a freelancer or for a publishing house.