About B.A in Bengali
Bengali is the language spoken in West Bengal and some of its neighbouring states. Besides India, it is also spoken in Bangladesh and by some non-native speakers in Gulf Countries. If you are a native Bengali speaker and have done your 10+2 in humanities, pursuing B.A in Bengali could be a good option. B.A in Bengali is a 3-year undergraduate course. The course is generally pursued after completing 10+2 or equivalent. The course encompasses the study of Bengali language, its history and origin, Bengali literature and grammar.
- The basic eligibility for pursuing B.A in Bengali is the passing of 10+2 exam or equivalent in any streamwith Bengali as a second language from any recognized board or university.
- Some institutions generally admit only those students who have secured at least 50% marks in their 10+2 exams.
- A few institutes may even conduct an entrance exam to test the students’ ability to pursue the course.
- Socio-cultural History of Bengali
- History of Bengali Literature
- Ancient and Medieval Literature
- !9th Century Poetry 19th Century Plays
- 19th Century Rhetoric and Fiction
- Tagore- His autobiography, his work and criticism
- Translation- Indian Literature
- 20th Century Novels
- 20th Century Short Stories
- History of Literature
- Bengali Linguistics
- Bengali Non-fiction Prose
- Post-Tagore Poetry
- Literary Theory and Criticism
If you want to study further, you can join an M.A course in Bengali after completing your B.A in Bengali. You can pursue a B.Ed. or a D.Ed. as an additional qualification, if you wish to become a Bengali teacher. After B.A in Bengali, you can also work as a Bengali translator or an interpreter in a variety of industries. You can also work in Bengali Entertainment Industry as a voice-over artist. You can provide private tuitions to students. You can work in the Publishing Industry as a content writer or a content editor or a proof reader. You can also join BPOs as a Bengali customer care executive. You can also work in admin departments of Bengali speaking offices.